Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Citizen Kane: Blog Post

Riley Farra
There were many good cinematic aspects in this film, but I thought that the transitions from scene to scene was very well done and interesting. And when I say interesting, I mean they left me puzzled at times in a creative way. There were many scenes where they would jump from one scene to another completely different setting that made me really think about what was going on. My favorite transition was when Kane and his second wife just got done with a heated argument and the movie takes us to the balcony where we are awaited by a bird that lets out a loud screech and for some reason doesn't have any eyes, allowing us to see through it. It made me take a step back and really try to understand what the director was trying to say to us and I think that this hidden message was telling us that Kane towards the end of the movie was finally being reveled for who he truly was as a person and was no longer dominate in his own eyes. Throughout the movie, he had this ego where he could do whatever he wanted to and that he was untouchable, but after this scene of his vulnerability being reveled, we see that he is slowly being broken down. Movie critics call this movie one of the best films ever made, and I believe they were talking about unique things like this transition as being one of the main reasons why.

No comments:

Post a Comment