Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Mometo Blog Post

This was hands down one of the most interesting films I have ever seen, and with that said, the cinematic aspects were very impressive to me. If I had to really focus on one of the aspects it would definitely be the unique way Christopher Nolan used the black and white scenes as a flash back. While watching this movie, I honestly didn't understand what he was trying to do with it while I was watching the movie, but once I really looked into it I realized what he was trying to piece together. As we all know, the movie wasn't exactly put together from start to finish and that itself made the movie very intriguing, but throughout the movie, it would cut back to a black and white scene usually with Lenard talking on the phone with an unknown person. This was meant to be a flash back and show us Lenard piecing together his thought process of this "story" that he was trying to understand himself, when in reality, it was him telling this person all about his own life without him evening knowing it. With his difficult condition, he isn't able to remember much of anything since his accident, so throughout the coarse of his life, he was able to train his brain to think that what he did actually happen to someone else, so he wanted to be able to relate to it and figure out how he dealt with this condition and help himself out. I also feel that the black and white scenes had a hidden message, telling the viewers that something wasn't exactly right with Lenard's story.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment