Monday, November 9, 2015

MYST Post #1

Short Term 12:
     I thought this was an outstanding movie from every way you look at it. It delivered a powerful message with constantly great acting throughout the film. I also thought that some of the cinematic aspects of the film were very good, like the camera angles. This film did a wonderful job in capturing some of the emotional scenes with certain camera angles. The angles that were shot really gave us a better view on these kids and what they were going through. When Jade was telling Grace her short story she made, you could begin to see a hidden message from hear story by the way she told it. The camera angles did a good job depicting that for the viewers.
     I can honestly say after watching this movie that it is one of my favorites now. The overall message that it brings is very emotional and ground breaking. It gives a peak behind the curtain of how some kids aren't as lucky as most and what they go through on a daily basis. When I really think of it, there isn't a movie I can compare it to, I have never felt as emotional as I did after watching this movie and I got me thinking about some of the advantages I have in my life that some kids don't, so therefor this movie made me very grateful for the things I do have.
     There were many tear jerking scenes in this film, but if I had to pick one scene it would be when Marcus is showing Mason his new rap lyrics in his room and he really opens up through his song. It leaves Mason pretty much speechless and for the first time was able to see how Marcus truly felt. There were many scenes in this movie that showed the kids not being able to just simply tell them what is going on inside their head, so they would use songs or stories they made to reveille their deep pain.

































    

1 comment:

  1. Hey Riley, because we watched this for class, you can't really select it for a MYST post. I can count it toward the ST12 blog post, but no the MYST.

    ReplyDelete